Abscond Reporting at Labour & Immigration-UAE
- Personal file Print-out from eDNRD site or from Immigration to prove that the person is inside country Fees: Dh120.
- Passport copy
- Labour card copy
- Labour Establishment Card copy
- Original E-signature card of the authorized signatory
- Date of abscond
- Abscond can be reported only after 7 days of absence
- Application Fee: Dh53 should be paid at Tas'heel Centre
Steps to Follow
- Type electronic abscond application from Tas'heel Centre
- Wait for online approval by next day
- Take approval print-out and submit at Immigration Department along with Trade License copy & Immigration Establishment Card copy
- Immigration fee: Dh340 (Dubai)
- Air Ticket fare should be deposited at Immigration for some nationalities.
- Immigration fee: Dh5350 (Sharjah). Part of the amount will refunded after employee's exit.
- Payment at Thas'heel Centre should be made through E-Dirham Card. You can Buy E-Dirham Card from any branch of National Bank of Abu Dhabi or from Aafaq Islamic Finance Company found at Tas'heel branches.
- Incase of fake abscond reporting, employer shall pay Dh10,000 penalty and company file will be banned from transaction.
Frequently Asked Question
Fine if absconding report is cancelled
It has to be noted that there might be a fine of Dh10,000 imposed upon the company. As general rule, there are two situations where the absconding report may be cancelled either by an employer or by employee:
An employer may cancel an absconding report if he gives an approval that there was an error in the absconding report. For example, the name included was wrong or the employee was hospitalised or was imprisoned and was consequently absent from work without information.
An employee may cancel an absconding report if he can prove his presence at work while he was reported absconding, or has a valid proof for his confinement to the hospital or jail during that period.
Furthermore, if an employer submits the report, he has to provide the authorised signature keeping in view that the following fine may be imposed in case of fake or conspired absconding report:
- Dh10,000 fine in case of fake report
- Companies of the owners and all other firms with partners will be blocked unless he pays Dh10,000
- Bank guarantee amount will not be refunded by Ministry of Labour
- The category of the company will be changed to C.
Abscond Reporting while the employee is out of UAE
Q: Six months ago I went on vacation to my home country and did not return to the UAE. Will this affect me in case I want to come back after six months to work for another company? Can my employer file an absconder complaint at the Ministry of Labour? Someone told me that an employer can file a complaint even if the employee is not in the country.
A: Abscond reporting is not possible while the employee is out of UAE. Ministry of Labour will ask personal file print of the employee from Immigration to verify whether the employee is inside or outside of the country. If the report shows that the person is out of UAE, Ministry will not accept abscond complaint. But the employee will get a ban for one year in case the employer requests this during cancellation of the employee’s labour card and visa after six months.
Insisting for taking unpaid leave
Q: I didn't get salary for last three months. My company is insisting me to take unpaid leave.But I fear they will file absconder complaint against me after I taking leave. What I should I do in this situation?
A: You should file a complaint in Ministry of Labour if your salary is delayed for two months or more. Insisting for taking unpaid leave is against the law. The employer is obliged to pay the worker’s salary as long as such a worker is on the employer’s sponsorship even if no work has been assigned. You should ask the sponsor to give you notice of unpaid leave in writing. Then only you can defend yourself in case the sponsor file an absconder complaint against you.
Address of Tas'heel Centers in DubaiNukhba Business Centre
Matar Plaza, Qusais, Near Mai Tower Tel. 04-259 9990 Immigration & Economic (DED) Counters also availableEstemarat Services
Muraqabat Street, Opp. Coral Deira HotelTel. 04-704 4900 Economic (DED) Service also availableOnTime Business Solutions
Oud Metha Road Tel. 04-397 7776 Economic (DED) & Ejari Service also availableItqan Businessmen Services
Opp. Al Mulla Plaza, Tel. 04-232 7333 Economic (DED) Service also availableTas'heel Business Centre
Ground Floor, Al Tawar Centre Tel. 04-263 5588 Economic (DED) Service also availableAl Reaya Services
Near Oasis Centre Sheikh Zayed Road Tel. 04-346 7991Mu'amala Businessmen Service Center
First Floor, Hyat Regency Hotel, Near Shindaga Tunnel, Dubai Tel. 04-250 5566DXB Businessmen Services
First Floor, Al Khail Mall, Al Qouze-4, Dubai Tel. 04-321 3000
Tas'heel Centre Timing:
Saturday to Thursday 7:30am to 7:00pm Tel. 04-283 8800